Website Alphasonics UCS
Alphasonics is a manufacturer of Ultrasonic Cleaning Systems and primarily provides services with the print and medical sectors. Along with the sale of machinery we also provide chemistry and spare parts and we are looking for a General Workshop Assistant/Driver for our site in Knowsley.
As a General Workshop Assistant/Driver you will be responsible for the packing, labelling, and despatch of goods as well as the process of goods in. Primarily this job will cover chemical orders which come in a variety of sizes of drums, cylinders or IBC’s, all while maintaining a high level of health and safety. Alongside of this you will be required to collect or deliver on behalf of the company which will mostly be local but on occasion you may travel further using the company vehicle. Ideally, we would prefer a candidate who is forklift trained and this candidate must be physically fit as lifting is required. You may also be required from time to time to assist in basic assembly work including basic joinery. This candidate will be expected to ensure all relevant paperwork relating to their onsite work is maintained and completed to the highest standard according to our quality management system. Finally monthly and weekly stock checks are to be taken to assist our logistics and finance teams.
We are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic team player with a can-do attitude. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing, multinational company.
- Job type: Full Time/40 Hours
- Working Hours: Mon-Thurs 8-5, Friday 7-1
- Salary: Paid Weekly @£12 per hour + Benefits
- Work Environment: Site Based with driving
- Location: Knowsley Business Park
- Holidays: 26days plus bank holidays
- Maintain the highest levels of Health and Safety and report any situation which may pose a serious or imminent threat.
- Safely handle incoming empty packages and raw materials.
- Operate plant machinery to fill, pack and load products following standard operating procedures.
- Follow all health, safety, environmental practices, and procedures consistent with mandatory requirements and those laid down by the company.
- Complete all product related documentation accurately.
- Work as part of a team to ensure quality standards and maximising efficiency
- Identify areas for improvement and/or cost savings with stock.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Current and valid Forklift Licence.
- Current and valid Driver’s Licence.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisation
- Computer literate
- Excellent team worker able to adapt to changing priorities
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.