Alphasonics UCS are looking to recruit a Conventional Engineering Machinist to join their workshop team on a permanent basis. This role involves operating a range of conventional machining equipment including turning, milling, tool post grinding, hand dressing & polishing for preparation and finishing of ultrasonic cleaning systems.
Alphasonics have been designing and manufacturing advanced ultrasonic cleaning systems since 1993, in our Liverpool head office and are now accredited to BS EN 1SO 13485. Our equipment comes with several patented technologies allowing us to ensure long life spans of all our systems, along with unrivalled performance.
Our systems and range of advanced ultrasonic cleaning systems have been engineered to tackle a wide range of contaminations including ink, grease, oils and much more, which enables us to provide a problem free cleaning process for Anilox Rolls, Surgical Instruments and many more.
- Responsible for quality of work and level of production
- Use a range of equipment including hand tools, polishing equipment as well as milling and turning machines
- Inspect parts before and after processing to ensure processes have been carried out correctly
- Good housekeeping of work area
- Adhere to company health and safety regulations
- Fully participate in receiving training to meet business and quality requirements
- Wear personal protective equipment provided by the company
- Fitting may also be required from time to time
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- The ideal candidate will have an engineering manufacturing background, the ability to read engineering drawings and measurement techniques.
- Experienced in operating a range of conventional machining and grinding equipment (turning, superfinishing, tool post grinding, hand dressing & polishing)
- Experience in assembly processes
- Sound numerical and literacy skills
- Experience of working in a team
- Ability to work accurately with a concern for quality
- The ability to be flexible and use initiative
Due to the location of the business, having your own transport is necessary due to no public transport.
If you are looking for a new position, and you have the above experience.
Please send an update CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.